Eight workers buried alive after hillock falls over them in Nainital
At least eight labourers were buried alive and one injured after getting trapped under the debris when a part of hillock fell over them in Nainital
Nainital: At least eight labourers were buried alive and one injured after getting trapped under the debris when a part of hillock fell over them in Nainital (Uttrakhand) in the evening of Saturday last.
According to Circle Officer Bhowali R S Hyanki ," The workers succumbed to injuries after getting trapped under the debris."
- The workers were constructing a private residential building.
- The State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and local police were immediately rushed to the spot.
- The workers belonged to Uttar Pradesh's Lakhimpur Khiri and Jharkhand.
- The rescue operation regarding the incident is still underway.
The deceased labourers have been identified as
- Deshraj- Lahimpur Khiri
- Rahul - Lahimpur Khiri
- Ramesh Rana- Lahimpur Khiri
- Ajay Kumar-Jharkhand
- Devindra -Jharkhand
- Ujjwal - Jharkhand.
More details are awaited