Work towards creating a New India by 2022, PM Modi asks bureaucracy
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged top government officials to work "with clear objectives" towards creating a New India by 2022, an official statement said on Sunday.
In an interaction with a group of 80 Additional Secretaries and Joint Secretaries on Saturday, Modi highlighted the current positive global environment in India's favour and asked the officers to work dedicatedly towards creating a New India by 2022.
During the interaction, officers shared their experiences on subjects such as agriculture, drinking water, citizen-centric governance, innovation and teamwork in governance, project implementation, education, manufacturing, internal security, and solar energy.
The Prime Minister mentioned his PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) initiative for project monitoring.
On manufacturing, he said that the ecosystem for electronics manufacturing in India should now focus on manufacturing medical equipment and devices.
Modi also highlighted the importance of maintaining a positive working environment in the government in order to make it an "organic entity".
He said that as new laws are made, old ones should be reviewed and weeded out if found unnecessary.
He also asked the officers to focus attention on the 100 most backward districts of India so that they can be brought up to the national average level on various development parameters.
This was the third of five such interactions.
With IANS inputs
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava
- PM participates in round table with Japanese business leaders
- Delhi triple suicide case: Multiple notes talk of health and monetary issues
- Banda heads towards the fourth wave of coronavirus; WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh budget for 2022-23 will be introduced on May 26: Yogi
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court completes hearing, reserves decision
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner