Will end triple talaq through talks; govt need not to interfere: AIMPLB
New Delhi: Noted Shia cleric and Vice President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), Kalbe Sadiq on Monday asked the government not to interfere in the 'triple talaq' issue, and assured that the practise will be ended in next one and a half year.
"The government should not interfere in the triple talaq issue as we have decided to take up the matter with the board. We can assure the government that the practise will be defunct in next 1.5 years," he said while talking to a leading news organisation.
All India Muslim Personal Law Board, in its two-day meeting starting on April 15, will prepare the roadmap to end triple talaq from the country, he asserted.
Apart from triple talaq, the meeting will be aimed at finding a way to resolve the dispute over Ram Mandir construction in Ayodhya.
Earlier on Monday, he had exhorted the Muslim community, asking them to drop their claim of Mosque at the disputed site at Ayodhya and allow Hindus to build Temple there. “This is the only way to solve the vexed problem of Ayodhya,” he had said adding, “Do not build Mosque, build the nation.”
Going to another extent, Maulana Sadiq had stated that in fact most of the mosques in the world had been built by the dictators and raiders in order to cover up their crimes. “Islam wants human race to flourish rather than the mosque,” he asserted.
Also Read: Bombshell: AIMPLB supports construction of Ram Temple at Ayodhy
What else the Maulana had said?
- Triple Talaq problems belong to Sunis and not Shias.
- We will soon end the system of Triple Talaq. Government should not interfere in this issue.
- Maulana Kalbe Sadiq condemned the American bombing over Syria. He said, “America is responsible for the killing of innocents and it will repent one day.”
- Over the stone pelting issue by youths on Indian Army in Kashmir, Kalbe Sadiq said that “Kashmiri youths are doing the same mistake which Muslims did during the time of India’s Independence in 1947.”
- Referring to Pakistan, Kalbe Sadiq said “You are inclined towards a sinking ship. Use your brain and act wisely.”