Top

Two-yr-old girl dies after given wrong medicine by medical store

A two-year-old girl died after she was allegedly given a wrong medicine by a medical store in Shahdara's GTB Enclave area, police said on Friday.

Anab Mehdi

Anab MehdiBy Anab Mehdi

Published on 14 Dec 2019 4:43 AM GMT

Two-yr-old girl dies after given wrong medicine by medical store
X
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

New Delhi: A two-year-old girl died after she was allegedly given a wrong medicine by a medical store in Shahdara's GTB Enclave area, police said on Friday.

ALSO READ: Not fair that I am being impeached: Prez Donald Trump

The girl was declared dead on Thursday after her mother rushed her to a nearby hospital, they said.

According to police, the girl was suffering from fever and cough when her mother took her to a medical store on Wednesday.

ALSO READ: Several pleas filed in SC challenging Citizenship (Amendment) Act 2019

When she did not get relief, her mother again took her to the medical store, where its owner gave her an injection, a senior police officer said.

The victim came to her house and started vomiting blood, he said.

She was taken to GTB hospital where she was declared brought dead, the officer said, adding a case was registered. Further investigation is underway.

ALSO READ: Jamia students clash with police after march opposing CAB stopped

(PTI)

Anab Mehdi

Anab Mehdi

Next Story