Toy-Train derailed, some tourists suffered minor injuries
Mumbai: The world renowned toy train scared tourists when a coach derailed on Sunday just a few metres before the ghat after crossing the Aman Lodge station. The third coach derailed when the engine tilted dangerously and wheels got stuck to the tracks.
- The train was midway between Neral and Matheran station.
- Derailed about 1500 hours.
- Train was moving at the speed of 10 km/hr.
- The coach had three to four tourists.
- Tourists suffered minor injuries.
- The PRO, Central Railway(CR), confirmed the derailment.
- An inquiry had been conducted for the cause of derailment.
- The CR operates eight daily services of the toy train, excepting the monsoon period,.