Toddler twins die after falling in washing machine in New Delhi
New Delhi: All alone in the house, the three-year-old twins were killed after falling into a washing machine filled with water in the Rohini area, here, on Saturday.
According to the police, "Kids' mother went out of the house for 5-6 minutes to buy the washing powder. Children were alone and while playing they climbed on a bucket beside the washing machine and slipped into the tumbler."
The deceased were identified as Nishant and Nakshya.
- The mother stepped out of the apartment to buy detergent.
- When she came back, she was unable to find her children.
- After searching for around 20 minutes, she informed police.
- Meanwhile, the parents found the body of children inside the machine.
- The washing machine was filled with 15 litres of water.
The parents took the kids to Jaipur golden Hospital, where doctors declared them dead.
A senior police officer said, "The bodies have been sent to Baba Saheb Ambedkar hospital in Rohini for postmortem. Inquest proceedings under Section 174 (police to inquire and report on suicide) of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) are underway."