Terrorist Wani lived a free man, died a free man: Umar Khalid
New Delhi: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) student Umar Khalid, who is facing sedition charges, has now compared the killed wanted terrorist Burhan Wani with freedom fighter of Cuba, Che Guevara.
Khalid, in a Facebook post, said that Wani “lived a free man and died a free man” just like Guevara.
What Umar Khalid wrote?
- Che Guevara said, “I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.”
- These words could be of BurhanWani's too
- Wani was not scared of death
- He was scared of a life lived in subjugation
- He lived a free man, died a free man
- Indian state, how will you defeat a people who have defeated their own fears?
- Rest in Power, Burhaan!
Who is Umar Khalid?
- Umar Khalid shouted slogans in favour of hanged terrorist Afzal Guru inside JNU campus
- Khalid has been charged under sedition charges
- He is currently out on bail