Terrorist attack at GREF in Akhnoor in J&K, three killed
Srinagar: Three labourers were killed in a terrorist attack, on Monday, at General Reserve Engineering Force camp near Line of Control in Akhnoor district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The terrorist attacked the camp at around 0200 hours when the labourers were working for GERF, police officer said.
- The alert was sounded in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The GREF is located two kilometres away from the Line of Control in Akhnoor.
- The security forces have cordoned off the area.
- Terrorists successfully escaped after the attack.
- Police has started the investigation.
- More detailed are still awaited.
What is GREF?
It is the parent cadre force of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) that builds and maintains border roads in the country.
It may be mentioned that on November 29, 2016, atleast seven soldiers including two police officers breathe last when terrorists wearing police uniforms attacked an army camp in Nagrota area of Jammu.