Survey shows 90 per cent people support Demonetisation: PM Modi
It may be mentioned that the opposition parties have united against the notes ban decision of Centre since PM has announced it on November 8 last. More than 200 Members of Parliament also protested against PM Modi and his government’s decision regarding demonetisation and also Aam Admi Party national
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked all 5, 00,000 people who participated in an online poll about Centre’s demonetisation move. The PM claimed that over 90 per cent of the people supported the government’s decision. According to the poll, the PM stated, “only 2 per cent of the total voters viewed the demonetisation negatively.”
The PM has shared the results of the poll, conducted on ‘Narendra Modi App’, on his twitter handle.
According to the survey reports, the respondents were from 2000 different locations, with 93 percent of them in India and about 24 per cent of those who surveyed had responded in Hindi.
The Prime Minister’s website also shared some key points of the results:
- More than five lakh people have participated and expressed their opinion in just 24 hours of survey.
- More than 90 per cent of the respondents feel the government’s move to tackle black money is above four-star rating.
- About 73 per cent of them give it five-star rating of brilliant.
- On the overall fight against corruption, more than 92 per cent of respondents either rate the government as very good or good and 57 per cent of them rate the fight as Very Good.
- More than 93 per cent people support the move to demonetize the Rs500 (old) and Rs 1000 rupee notes.
- Only 2 per cent have rated the move as very poor or one star, out of over 5 lakh participants.
- As high as 86 per cent people believe that some so called anti corruption activists are now actually batting in support of black money, corruption and even terrorist financing.
It may be mentioned that the opposition parties have united against the notes ban decision of Centre since PM has announced it on November 8 last. More than 200 Members of Parliament also protested against PM Modi and his government’s decision regarding demonetisation and also Aam Admi Party national convener Arvind Kejriwal has declared it as the ‘biggest scam’ in Indian history.
The opposition uproar has also led to disruption in the proceedings of both the houses in Parliament.