School children among several dead in Kullu bus accident. 'Heart-rending' - PM
Bus accident in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh: A bus was reported to have fallen into a gorge in Kullu.
At least 16 people are reported to have died after a bus fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu on Monday morning. Several school children are believed to be among those who have lost their lives. More than 40 people were travelling in the bus, bound for Sainj, according to reports.
Rescue teams were rushed to the site soon after the incident, and those injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
"The bus accident in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh, is heart-rending. In this tragic hour my thoughts are with the bereaved families. I hope those injured recover at the earliest. The local administration is providing all possible assistance to those affected," Prime Minister Narendra Modi was quoted as saying by his office in a statement.
The bus fell into the gorge near Jangla village at around 8.30 am, Kullu deputy commissioner Ashutosh Garg said, news agency PTI reported.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike