Mumbai Govindas pay no heeds to SC orders on Dahi Handi
Mumbai: Defying the Supreme Court’s order of not exceeding the height of Pyramid more than 20 feet, various politically-backed organisations here on Thursday celebrated the Dahi Handi event with complete zeal and launched a protest against the apex court directives by wearing black bands.
What police said?
- Mumbai Police spokesperson Ashok Dudhe said that celebrations across the city are being video-graphed.
- Those breaching the SC’s orders shall be booked and prosecuted depending on the kind of violation.
- In Thane, an organisation backed by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) hung the Dahi Handi at a height of 49 feet in an attempt to get named in the Guinness Book of World Records.
What was Supreme Court’s order?
- The SC division bench of justices Uday U Lalit and L Nageswara Rao upheld the Bombay High Court order on Wednesday.
- Participation of minors and constructing pyramids of height more than 20 feet during teh Dahi-Handi event were prohibited in the court’s ruling.
Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur are not in love!
Several cases of accidents reported:
- Government hospitals reported nearly 100 patients who were injured while participating in the Dahi Handi events.
- One was reported to be in a critical condition in Ulhasnagar in Thane.