Saumya's 3-Dimensional design gets government recognition
Lucknow: Saumya Pandya Thakkar is overwhelmed and thankful at the same time. For her, it is a 'dream come true' as her innovative 3 Dimensional zebra crossing design has not only been appreciated by Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari but the Government of India has decided to implement it across the country.
The 3 D zebra crossing and speed breaker designed by Gujarat based Saumya and her friend Shakuntala Pandya is already being used in Ahemdabad and other cities of Gujarat but the recent decision of the Central Government had sent both the girls on the cloud nine. Gadkari has said that the design will be used as a tool to minimise the vehicular speed and in turn the road mishaps.
What did Saumya Pandya say:
- While talking to newztrack.com Saumya excitedly said that she wants to thank the Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and the brand ambassador of road safety initiative Cricketer Virat Kohli for recognising her efforts.
- "I am Glad. I cannot express my happiness," she said.
- Saumya also stated, "I thank Nitin Gadkari and Virat Kohli for this."
What is three dimensional zebra crossing:
- These zebra crossings are designed to create illusion to oncoming drivers which will let them slow down the vehicles.
- This will allow pedestrians to safely cross the road.
- 3-dimensional street art is being used near school all over Gujarat.
About Saumya Pandya:
- Saumya, a resident of Ahemdabad in Gujarat, is a three dimensional painting artist.
- She is also a Chief Executive Officer and founder of Slims Health Club.