Rohini Blast Case: Accused DRDO Scientist attempts suicide in jail
According to information received from the authorities, the detained scientist has allegedly attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance kept in the bathroom.
New Delhi: Bharat Bhushan Kataria, a senior scientist of DRDO, who was arrested recently on charges of "planting explosives" inside the premises of Rohini Court in the national capital Delhi, committed suicide in police custody.
Rohini Court Blast Case:
According to information received from the authorities, the detained scientist has allegedly attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance kept in the bathroom. At the same time, the officials have said that he has been rescued and is currently undergoing treatment at AIIMS and his condition is completely stable.
Bharat Bhushan Kataria attempts suicide:
Accused Bharat Bhushan Kataria has been arrested for allegedly planting an IED in a tiffin box inside the Rohini court complex in Delhi. The Special Cell of Delhi Police, which has been probing the case since the incident, arrested Bharat Bhushan on the same day after questioning him on Friday.
The accused attempted suicide on Saturday night when he took the hand wash allegedly kept inside the bathroom and was later found unconscious on the bathroom floor. When the condition of the accused appeared critical from the spot, he was taken to Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital, from where he was referred to AIIMS by the doctor. At present the treatment of the accused is going on in AIIMS.
The accused did not tell the police about consuming hand wash, but when the doctor asked him about his condition, he told that he had consumed hand wash with an attempt to commit suicide. Police officials present on the spot say that he is not giving any answer properly and it seems as if the accused has prepared himself in advance that if he does not succeed in his purpose and is caught, he will be out of question.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike