Rajinikanth confirms political entry; will contest next TN polls
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth has finally cleared all speculations about his entry into the political field by saying a 'Yes' to the challenge.
The Thalaiva has decided to form his own party contest the next assembly polls in Tamil Nadu. In much delight to his fans, Rajini announced his political plans on Sunday.
These word from the Thalaiva have brought a perfect end of 2017 to his fan whom he had been interacting since a few days.
The South Superstar said, "In next assembly elections, I will form a party and will contest all constituencies in Tamil Nadu."
He said that he would float a political party that would practice 'spiritual politics' and contest in all of the state's 234 constituencies in the next Assembly polls.
It is to be mentioned that Rajinikanth is loved and prayed by the South Indians like a God and the entire industry of Indian cinema respects him for his dedication towards his work.
The happiness of people was beyond limits when they heard that the Thalaiva has decided to step down into politics to work for the people of his state.
As per schedule, the next Tamil Nadu Assembly polls will be held in 2021.
His entry into politics is a "compulsion of time", the superstar said amid loud cheering of his fans. He said the decision to contest in the 2019 Parliamentary elections will be taken at an appropriate time.
Rajinikanth urged his fans not to talk about politics or comment about other parties till his party is floated. He said the first task was to get many of his unregistered fan clubs registered with the parent body.
Rajinikanth himself was going places into the state and meeting everyone to know the ground realities and problems of the state residents.
In May, while addressing a large gathering of his fans, Rajinikanth said he would choose the path of politics "God willing".
"God decides what we have to do in life at every phase. Right now, he wants me to be an actor and I'm fulfilling my responsibility. If God willing, I will enter politics tomorrow.
"If I enter, I will be very truthful and will not entertain people who are in this to make money. I won't work with such people," he had said.
Rajinikanth said he was not getting into politics for power. He said at the age of 45 he was not interested in political power and now at the age of 68 one cannot say he was power crazy.
Check out what the Thalaiva said:
- He said the politics in the country has gone very wrong.
- Under the guise of democracy, political parties are looting their own people.
- The existing system should be changed.
- This party would resign if it was not able to fulfil the electoral promises within three years of coming into power.
- The political happenings in Tamil Nadu during the past one year has made the state a laughing stock.
- It is not an easy task to float a political party and face the elections. It is like taking a pearl from the deep sea.
- I am confident of getting people's support as I represent the common man.
- My party's philosophy will be Truth, Work and Growth. I request you to think good, talk good and do good.