Rajasthan woman alleges gang-rape by 23 men, 6 arrested
Jaipur: As many as six people, out of the total 23, have been arrested by the Bikaner police for allegedly raping a 28-year-old woman, from New Delhi, in Rajasthan.
The woman had, two days earlier, complained to the district Superintendent of Police Sawai Singh Godara in about the heinous crime committed with her stating that she was by 23 men, including two whom she knew by name.
The woman had stated that was abducted from roadside in an area on the outskirts of Bikaner in during daytime and was brutually gang-raped by the men.
The FIR was lodged at Jai Narayan Vyas Colony police station after which the police raided nearby localities in search of the accused and nabbed six of them.
What the SP said:
- We kept the incident under the wraps as most of the accused were locals.
- We managed to arrest six people in this case.
- The men arrested have been identified as Subhash, Raju Ram, Bhanwar Lal, Manoj Kumar, Jugal and Madan. All of them are above 20 years.
- The woman had told, in her complaint that she visited Ridmalsar Purohitan, an area in Bikaner, on September 25.
- The victim has alleged that while she was waiting for some conveyance to return, two men offered her a lift in an SUV. They drugged and raped her. Thereafter, these two accused called up their friends, who also raped her in turns.