Video: PM Modi extends best wishes to Indian cricket team
New Delhi: Wishing the Indian and Australian cricket teams for the T-20 World Cup match to be played on Sunday, the Prime Minsiter Narendra Modi urged Indians to pay emphasis on football also.
"India has got a golden opportunity to host the FIFA Under-17 tournament in India and our youth are also taking a lot of interest in football thus it is an opportunity for us to create good sporting infrastructure," said Modi in his 18th edition of radio talk show 'Mann Ki Baat'.
What Modi said in 'Mann Ki Baat':
- Congratulated Indian cricket team for their wins against Pakistan & Bangladesh and conveyed best wishes for the match to be played against Australia.
- India had a good run in football earlier but that is not the case now. Our rankings are also very low.
- Youth is enjoying football like EPL.
- Its important to take football to every village and FIFA U-17 is a great opportunity.
- Due to the tournament that we are hosting, we will get an opportunity to create good sporting infrastructure also.
- Things which we are not able to learn in classroom are sometimes learnt while travelling.
- Conveys wishes to Coal India for developing an eco-tourism circuit in a coal mine near Nagpur.
- Travel teaches us a lot.
- What we can't learn in our homes,class rooms or among friends, sometimes we get to learn during travelling.
- Tourists are paying emphasis on cleanliness on tourist destinations.
- Tourism is the biggest sector of recruitment in India.
- Vacations should not be wasted.
- Advices youths to learn at least one skill during vacations.
Phone call advices:
- Remembers Mahadevi Verma for her love for birds.
- Advises to keep water on terrace for birds through a phone call from a boy Avi Chaturvedi.
Digital India and Farmer:
- Digital India is not just for people of urban areas but for the people of rural areas too.
- Kisan Suvidha Application has been launched for farmers.
Water conservation and soil:
- Stresses need to conserve water through different ways.
- Excessive use of fertilizer has harmed our soil.
- Expresses concern over increasing cases of Diabetes.
- Diabetes has been made the theme on this World Health Day.
- To fight TB correct treatment is needed.
- We have to make India free of diseases.
- Many important days are there in April.
Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar:
- April 14th is the birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar.
- We are working on developing five places related to him.
- Going to his birth place Mau on April 14.
- You can listen to Mann Ki Baat any time by dialing --8190881908