PM Narendra Modi to address nation today; what topics he is likely to cover?
There are speculations that his address could be on the coronavirus situation on the festivities have kicked-in across the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation today. Taking to Twitter, the prime minister wrote, “Will be sharing a message with my fellow citizens at 6 PM this evening.” While the prime minister has not specified what his address will be about, it is likely that he will speak about the coronavirus situation in the country.
What topics is PM likely to cover?
There are speculations that his address could be on the coronavirus situation on the festivities have kicked-in across the country. Modi has addressed the nation a number of times during the COVID-19 crisis in which he has spoken about various measures, including lockdown, being taken to curb the pandemic and also announced economic and welfare packages.
India on Tuesday reported less than 50,000 new cases for the first time in nearly three months. With 46,790 new cases reported across the country, the coronavirus infection has now affected close to 7.6 million people in India. As many as 587 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours, taking the toll to 1,15,197.
Active cases of COVID-19 in India are less than 10 per cent of the total caseload. While the number of people who have recuperated from the disease has crossed 67 lakh. In addition, pushing the national recovery rate to 88.63 per cent, the Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
There are 7,48,538 active cases of coronavirus infection as on date which comprise merely 9.85 per cent of the total caseload. “The slide in active cases is supplemented by an exponential rise in recoveries,” the ministry said.
For more details, watch video:
- Eknath Shinde will be chief minister of Maharashtra, announces Devendra Fadnavis
- CBSE Class 10th, 12th results of Term 2 to be declared on THIS date; check Official announcement here
- Covid live: India's active caseload crosses 1-L mark after 4 months
- Maha crisis: 'Speaker named by next govt will shape course of events'
- Rebel leader Shinde lands in Mumbai, to meet Fadnavis at his residence
- Tips for Long, Thick Hair: These Nutrients Are What You Need
- Here's Why You Should Not Ignore These Monsoon Illness Symptoms
- Rain relief for Delhi-NCR, temperature dips below 30 degrees; check IMD's monsoon prediction for your city here
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid 'Bam Bam Bhole' slogans, 2,750 pilgrims leave Nunwan base camp for the cave shrine
- Amid flu outbreak in south China, experts warn of dual risk from influenza and Covid: Report