President mourns the death of former Governor AR Kidwai
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday expressed grief on the sad demise of former Governor of West Bengal and Bihar A R Kidwai. He was 96.
Kidwai passed away on Wednesday after brief illness.
Pranab Mukherjee's message for Kidwai's son, Monis Kidwai:
- I am sad about the passing away of AR Kidwai.
- He was an esteemed colleague and a dear friend.
- A freedom fighter, distinguished Parliamentarian and administrator, Kidwai served the nation in various capacities.
- He was the Governor of Bihar, West Bengal, Haryana and Rajasthan.
- He was honoured with Padma Vibhushan in 2011 for his life-long services to the nation.
- Nation has lost an eminent leader whose services to the nation will always be remembered.