President Pranab Mukherjee declares 36th IITF open
The 36th India International Trade Fair (IITF) was declared open by the President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday at Pragati Maidan in the national capital. “I declare India International Trade Fair open, and wish all of you the very best,” said President Mukherjee.
New Delhi: The 36th India International Trade Fair (IITF) was declared open by the President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday at Pragati Maidan in the national capital. “I declare India International Trade Fair open, and wish all of you the very best,” said President Mukherjee.
President Mukherjee applauds Centre
- While speaking on the occasion, Mukherjee said," I am happy to note that the present government is focusing greater attention on renewable energy sectors."
- He further stated that the reforms undertaken by the government shall enable the country in attracting more opportunity for investments. “Reforms undertaken, including GST, shall enable the states and the UTs to compete with each other in attracting investment and opportunities,” he stated.
About the Fair
- As many as 7000 participants are expected to take part in the fair.
- The countries which are taking part are Australia, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Iran, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Netherlands, Oman, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Tibet, Turkey, Thailand, the UAE and the U.K.
- This year, the ‘Partner Country’ is South Korea and the ‘Focus Country’ is Belarus.
- The partner states are Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand and the focus state is Haryana.
- The theme for IITF is Digital India.
- The fair would also depict the multi-pronged strategy of the Indian Economy driven by Make in India initiative.
- It would also provide a glimpse of various missions, schemes and initiatives, launched by the Government, ‘Swachh Bharat’ Campaign, Clean Ganga Mission, ‘Jan Dhan Yojana’, Skill India, ‘Adhar’, 175 Solar Mission, Farmer Corp Insurance, Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), Start up and Stand up Campaign, Smart Cities, Model Villages, etc.
- IITF provides first hand information of the policies, progressive reforms and the new schemes launched by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India under the Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020).
- The state-of-the-art technologies, products, services and innovations along-with CSR initiatives would be show cased in the fair.
- IITF has started some new initiative including introduction of transparent online space booking; online ticket booking for all days; arrangement of Wi-Fi at halls 7-12A, 14 and 18 and at 10 prime locations; ground installation of seven telecom towers for better network connectivity inside the fair complex; ‘Mobile App’ on Android and iOS platforms; Round-Robin bus services etc.