PM Narendra Modi greets nation on arrival of New Year
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday morning conveyed his greetings to the people of the country on New Year through a tweet on micro-blogging website Twitter.
He wished for good health, happiness and prosperity in everyone's lives.
Earlier on New Year's eve on Saturday, PM Modi launched some key schemes under the PM Awas Yojna to help poor and middle-class people in purchasing their own houses.
"Home loans for poor and middle class people up to Rs 9 lakh will get 4 per cent exemption on interest and up to Rs 12 lakh will get 3 per cent exemption," said the PM in his address to the nation.
He also thanked people of the country for standing by his side in the 'Shuddhi Yagna' (demonetisation) against the black money and corruption.
The announcements made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech:
- Government to bear 60 days' interest on farm loans taken from District Cooperative Central Bank & primary society.
- 3 crore Kisan credit cards to be converted to RuPay cards in next 3 months to enable direct buying and selling.
- Credit guarantee for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has been increased from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
- Banks have been asked to raise cash credit limit to small businesses from 20% to 25%
- Pregnant women will get Rs 6000 assistance for their delivery, vaccination, nutritious meals.
- Money will be transferred directly to their accounts.
- Senior citizens to get an assured interest of 8 per cent for 10 years on deposits up to Rs 7.5 lakh.
- NABARD created a fund of Rs 21000 crore last month, now government is adding Rs 20,000 crore more.
What else PM Modi said?
- People have faced problems for betterment of nation.
- Government will try to normalise the situation in banks in New Year.
- The problems which the people have faced for the betterment of the country is an example in itself.
- It is shocking for all of us that only 24 lakh people have accepted that they earn over 10 lakhs per annum.
- It is known worldwide that Naxalism, terrorism, counterfeit note businesses get help from black money. It has been hit seriously post demonetisation.
- Bank employees and authorities along with people have done exemplary work after the scrapping of high denomination old currency notes.
- There have been reports of a few officials indulging in corruption.
- These people won't be spared.
- I appeal to youth, traders, farmers to use BHIM as much as possible.
- Our fight against corruption and black money won't go in vain.