PM Modi to release Rs.18,000 crore under PM-Kisan scheme to more than 9 crore farmers
With the push of a button, PM Modi will enable the transfer of more than Rs 18,000 crore to over nine crore beneficiary farmer families.
The next installment of the financial benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) will be released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 25, via video-conferencing, his office said on Wednesday.
With the push of a button, PM Modi will enable the transfer of more than Rs 18,000 crore to over nine crore beneficiary farmer families, PM Modi will also interact with farmers from six states during the event, according to the the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
"The farmers will share their experiences with PM-KISAN and also on various other initiatives taken by the government for the welfare of farmers," it said.
Under the PM-KISAN scheme, a financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is provided to small and marginal farmers. Payable in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 each. The fund is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
The programme comes amid protests by various farmer unions against three farm laws recently enacted by the Narendra Modi government. The government has insisted that these reforms are in the interest of farmers.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water