Demonetisation just a beginning of our fight against corruption: Modi at Mann Ki Baat
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation through his Radio programme 'Mann ki Baat'. Greeting one and all on the pious occasion of Christmas, PM launched two new schemes - 'Lucky Grahak Yojana' and 'Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana' to give a boost to the cashless transactions.
Reiterating that demonetisation is just a beginning of the government's fight against corruption, prime minister Narendra Modi said that those having black money will not be spared and further steps will be taken to bring them to books.
It may be mentioned that prior to PM's 'Mann ki Baat' programme, an article of our Editor-in-Chief Yogesh Mishra on the same issue was published in Dec 16 edition of our print platform 'Apna Bharat'.
READ HERE: मोदी डाल-डाल, अफसर पात-पात
What PM Modi said?
- Today, is the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Country will never forget his contributions to the nation
- Today is also the birth anniversary of Madan Mohan Malviya who gave modern teaching a whole new direction.
Modi over uproar in parliament during the winter session:
- If Parliament would have functioned there would have been fruitful discussions.
- Law is equal for all. Be it any individual or any political party.
- Amid uproar in Parliament, a good thing happened.
- As part of my government's mission for Divyang persons, Rights of Disabled Persons bill was passed.
Modi on cashless transactions:
- Modi said that Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana is mainly for businessmen and Lucky Grahak Yojana will benefit the consumers.
- Businessmen who make use of digital payments will also receive Income Tax benefits.
- Today, people are curious to learn about going cashless.
- People want to learn from each other.
- Cashless transactions have increased by 200-300% in recent times.
- There are a total of 30 crore RuPay cards in the country out of them 20 crore are owned by the poor who have Jan Dhan accounts.
- Awareness towards online payments and using technology for economic transactions is increasing.
- I congratulate Assam Government in particular for taking initiatives to promote cashless economy.
- This digital movement is a golden opportunity for youth and start-ups.
- They can open new avenues through it.
Modi on Demonetisation:
- Black money hoarders are being nabbed across the country.
- I assure you that this is not the end, this is just the beginning in our fight against corruption
- People are spreading rumours that political parties are exempted.
- This is not true at all.
- I appreciate and thank people as they not only went through hardships but also answered back those who tried to mislead the public.
- Lot of questions are being raised on frequent change of rules but I want to say that I have decided to take those indulging in corruption.