PM Modi Addresses Nation Through Mann Ki Baat; Pays Tribute To Kargil Martyrs
PM had invited people to share “inspiring anecdotes” of collective efforts which brought about positive changes in other’s lives for the episode of the programme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat at 11 am. PM had invited people to share “inspiring anecdotes” of collective efforts which brought about positive changes in other’s lives for the episode of the programme.
Mann Ki Baat:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday recalled Indian Army’s victory in the Kargil War in 1999, and criticised Pakistan saying it undertook the misadventure with sinister plans to capture India’s land.
“Today is Kargil Vijay Diwas. 21 years ago, on this day our Army won the Kargil war. India can never forget circumstances under which the war was fought. Pakistan undertook this misadventure with sinister plans to capture India’s land and to divert its ongoing internal conflicts,” PM Modi said on Mann ki Baat.
“India was then trying to have cordial relations with Pakistan but as it is said it is the nature of wicked to have enmity with everyone for no reason. People of such nature think evil even of those who do good to them. That is why in response to India’s friendly endeavours Pakistan tried to backstab. But the world witnessed the valour and strength of India’s brave forces,” he added.
“You can imagine, the enemy was perched high on the mountains while our forces were fighting them. But the high morale and true grit of our forces won against mountains,” said the prime minister.
Earlier, PM Modi had tweeted on India’s victory in Kargil. And said that “we remember the courage and determination of our armed forces”.
'Must keep up precautions'
"The way the country has fought corona in the last few months that has allayed many fears. Our recovery rate is one of the highest and our death toll is also low but every life is precious," Mr. Modi said.
"We still need to observe all precautions and be mindful that Corona is as grievous as it was- wearing masks, maintaining hygiene, keeping physical distance are all important," he said.
Whenever you feel like removing your masks out of irritation, remember the corona warriors who wear PPEs for hours on end while serving us. As a citizen you will realise that we must keep up the precautions, he added.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates.
Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook.
and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Eknath Shinde will be chief minister of Maharashtra, announces Devendra Fadnavis
- CBSE Class 10th, 12th results of Term 2 to be declared on THIS date; check Official announcement here
- Covid live: India's active caseload crosses 1-L mark after 4 months
- Maha crisis: 'Speaker named by next govt will shape course of events'
- Rebel leader Shinde lands in Mumbai, to meet Fadnavis at his residence
- Tips for Long, Thick Hair: These Nutrients Are What You Need
- Here's Why You Should Not Ignore These Monsoon Illness Symptoms
- Rain relief for Delhi-NCR, temperature dips below 30 degrees; check IMD's monsoon prediction for your city here
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid 'Bam Bam Bhole' slogans, 2,750 pilgrims leave Nunwan base camp for the cave shrine
- Amid flu outbreak in south China, experts warn of dual risk from influenza and Covid: Report