Pegasus Case: Matter is in court, it should be deliberated here- Chief Justice
Earlier in this case, the court had asked the government to file a reply by August 10.
New Delhi: The Central Government has sought time from the Supreme Court till Friday to file a reply regarding the Pegasus spy case. Earlier in this case, the court had asked the government to file a reply by August 10.
Supreme Court on Pegasus Case:
During the hearing on Tuesday, Chief Justice NV Ramanna expressed concern about the fact that the petitioners are debating the issue on social media. He said that it would be better that the matter be heard in the court. Now the matter will be heard on Monday.
The CJI said, 'The petitioners are giving statements in the media, but we want all the arguments to be held in the court. If the petitioners want to debate on social media, it is up to them. If he has come to the court, then he should argue in the court. They should have faith in the court. Whatever the matter is said in the court, do not conduct a parallel debate through social media.'
The Chief Justice asked all the petitioners and lawyers to have faith in the court. At the same time, he said that if the court asks any question to understand the issue, then do not misinterpret it. This is a serious issue, so take it seriously.
Trust the system: CJI
Advocate ML Sharma said that he has revised his petition and filed it again. He wanted to argue on this issue but the court said that he is not hearing the matter today and will do it on Monday. The CJI said that one should have faith in the system. Kapil Sibal agreed with the CJI's words. Sibal is appearing for senior journalists N Ram and Shashi Kumar.
The Supreme Court on Thursday said the allegations of espionage related to Pegasus are "serious in nature" if the reports are true. Simultaneously, the top court had asked the petitioners, who had sought an inquiry into the Israeli spyware case, whether they had made any attempt to file a criminal complaint in this regard.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water