Passenger train rams into goods train in Cuttack; One dead
Cuttack: Bhubaneswar-Bhadrak passenger train rammed into a stationery goods train at Kathajodi station on Thursday leaving behind at least one person dead and injuring over 20 people.
The East Coast Railway (ECoR) said that cause of the accident was a signal error.
About the accident:
- The incident took place at around 6.30 pm after the DMU crossed the Kathajodi river bridge.
- The passengers affected are from the first two coaches of the train.
- The injured have been admitted to SCB medical college in Cuttack.
- Nearly dozen ambulances were immediately pressed into services.
- Train services along the route were suspended and several trains were diverted to run through Naraj route.
- A senior ECoR official said that a high level inquiry has been ordered.
- The exact cause of accident will be revealed.