Pak HC staffer names 16 diplomats involved in spy ring
New Delhi: The Pakistan High Commission staffer, Mehmood Akhtar , who was recently detained by India for espionage has named 16 other staffers of HC who were also allegedly involved in the spying ring. Akhtar in a videotaped statement had named four diplomats who were allegedly involved in espionage. The names were commercial counsellor Syed Farrukh Habib and first secretaries Khadim Hussain, Mudassir Cheema and Shahid Iqbal.
- Raids were being carried out by crime branch team in Rajasthan to apprehend the locals who were providing the confidential documents to Akhtar.
- The teams have already arrested accused Maulana Ramzan, Subhash jangir and Shoaib.
- Two persons from Rajasthan have also been arrested and were being investigated.
- It is being probed that if there were some Paramilitary personnel who were involved in leaking information.
- "It is suspected that some retired officers were in touch with the arrested spies," said the senior police officer.