O Panneerselvam calls Sasikala's desperation for CM post 'strange'
Chennai: The infighting began in AIADMK as O Panneerselvam had claimed that he was forced by Sasikala and senior party leaders to resign as a Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and the AIADMK leader recently slammed Sasikala's wish to be appointed as the new Chief Minister of the state.
The former TN CM stated, it is strange that Sasikala is so desperate to be appointed as the CM that she is ignoring the current situation of the state. "Don't understand her rush to become Chief Minister, does she not understand Tamil Nadu situation?" stated the former TN CM.
In what can be called as the fresh charges by the former CM, Panneerselvam stated that he was not allowed to meet Jayalalithaa despite several attempts. "I went to Apollo Hospital for all 75 days but never allowed to meet Amma even once," said Panneerselvam on Wednesday.
Further clarifying the speculations of him following the orders of Bharatiya Janata Party. "I have no connections with BJP and my actions are my personal decisions," stated O Panneerselvam.
AIADMK has also removed Panneerselvam from the post of treasurer and Dindigul C Srinivasan has been appointed as the new treasurer.
Before making a shocking revelation, Panneerselvam had a 40-minute meditation at the Jayalalithaa Memorial on Marina beach on Tuesday.
“It was AIADMK General Secretary Sasikala who forced me to resign. I was insulted and humiliated. But, if party will wish, I will withdraw my resignation,” said Panneerselvam to media persons.
"There is nothing wrong inside the party. Panneerselvam is putting fake allegations over me," replied Sasikala.
Earlier, AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala was on Sunday unanimously chosen the legislature party leader by the MLAs in a party meeting. The development paved way for Chinnamma to be the next chief minister of Tamil Nadu.
What else Panneerselvam said:
- There has been no instance where I have betrayed the party, while remaining in power or opposition.
- If party cadres ask me to withdraw my resignation, I will do that.
- Amma remained CM for nearly 16 years, I happened to become CM twice,all this was the wish of Amma.
- I always followed Amma's path.
- Health queries regarding Amma raised in recent past,its duty of state Govt to enquire. Recommended an enquiry commission.
- I will meet the Governor once he is back here.
- I will prove my strength in the assembly.
- I Will meet Tamil Nadu people, in each and every city to make my point
- Union Government supports Tamil people. Whoever extends support to Tamil people, we will accept it.
- Sasikala Natarajan remains interim General Secretary of AIADMK.
- I will accept Deepa's (J Jayalalithaa's niece) support, if offered.