Entry of women into Dargah, opposition continues.....
Mumbai: The threat to enter a Muslim Dargarh by trupti desai has drawn a strong opposition from a Muslim face of the Shiv Sena, Haji Arafat Shaikh, on Saturday. Reacting sharply to her threat she said she would be greeted with slippers if she ever tried to enter the religious place.
"I will become the voice of my religion and won't let her touch the Mazaar. Many muslim women would also oppose her entry into the Haji Ali Dargah ," said Haji Arafat Shaikh.
- Haji Arafat Shaikh joined Shiv Sena after leaving Maharashtra Navnirman Sena in 2014.
- He also said that it was a stratagem of Trupti to disturb the peaceful environment of Mumbai.
- The group will be going to Haji Ali Dargah on April 28, Shiv Sena's threat won't work," Said Desai.
- Earlier, She successfully led the movement for women's entry into the Trimbakeshwar temple in Nashik and Shani Shingapur temple in Ahmednagar.
- Trupti along with Several other women, NGOs and social groups also launched a forum 'Haji Ali for All' for women's entry to shrine.
- The Bombay High Court will hear the petition filed against Haji Ali Trust's decision to ban the entry of women into the sanctum of shrine.
- In February, the Maharashtra government supported the entry of women to the Haji Ali Dargah.
- Haji Ali Dargah Trust justified its stand on the statement that permitting women to the Shrine will be against the religion.