Nirbhaya Case: Defence lawyer challenges 'Iron Rod' theory
New Delhi: When the 2012 Delhi’s brutal Nirbhaya gang-rape case has entered in the final stages in Supreme Court, lawyer of the two accused Mukesh and Pawan has challenged the ‘iron rod’ theory and announced Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone proving it right.
This comes as lawyer ML Sharma’s last bid to save their clients from death penalty.
What ML Sharma said?
- ML Sharma challenged that police theory that the accused inserted an iron rod in victim’s private parts and pulled out her organs.
- Sharma announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone proving the police’s ‘iron rod’ theory right.
About the case:
- 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist was brutally sexually assaulted inside a moving bus on night of December 16, 2012.
- She succumbed to her injuries in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
- Six including a juvenile was arrested in the case
- One of the accused, Ram Singh committed suicide inside Tihar Jail three years ago
- Juvenile convict was sent to reform home and was later released after completion of his punishment
- A trial court had earlier awarded death penalty to four Adult accused.
- The Delhi High Court upheld the trial court’s verdict.
- The matter is now being heard in the Supreme Court.
The hearing in the case will continue on Friday.