New Delhi: Three including international athlete held with Meow Meow drug
New Delhi: The state Police, on Friday, arrested a silver medalist international athlete and two others with 25 kilograms of party drugs worth rupees 50 crore.
The Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav said, “The people are arrested with the popular contraband drug Mephedrone, also called ‘Meow-Meow’, which are sold at rave parties in Mumbai and Delhi."
The accused are named as Amandeep Singh (29), Harnish Sarpal (36) and Harpreet Singh (30) residents of Delhi.
Yadav further stated that the special cell had received a tip off that Amandeep along with the other two were flying to Mumbai to get the drug delivery.
"Our team has arrested them from New Delhi railway station. They were travelling in a Dadar-Amritsar train to reach Delhi. Over 25 kg of the contraband drug was recovered from them," said DCP.
About Harpreet Singh:
- Harpreet Singh is a silver medalist 2004 Australia Commonwealth Youth Games.
- He also won bronze medal in SAF games in 2006 held in Colombo.
- He also taken part in some national-level athletic championships.
- He quit his sports career in 2006 after he tested positive in a dope test.
About Amandeep Singh:
- He has completed his diploma in Hospitality and Tourism from London.
- He came in contact with Harnish while working in London.