Congress is breathing its last, says PM Modi in Punjab
Stating that the Congress was trying to malign the image of the youth of Punjab in the world, Modi said that those who harm the integrity of the state should be punished by the voters
Jalandhar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack at the Congress stating that it is a drowning boat which is trying to find its existence in the political world. "Congress has become a history. It is a story of past and is breathing its last" said the PM while addressing a public gathering in Jalandhar city of Punjab.
Stating that the Congress was trying to malign the image of the youth of Punjab in the world, Modi said that those who harm the integrity of the state should be punished by the voters.
Prakash Singh Badal to be the CM of the Punjab again:
- The PM stated, "The Punjab wants to see Prakash Singh Badal as the Chief Minister again because the people of the state know that he has always worked for the state."
- Appreciating his dedication for the BJP, PM Modi said, "the ruling CM has neither changed his Dal (party) nor his Dil (heart). He was, is and will always be dedicated to the people of the state."
- Trying to attract the electorate of the state, the Prime Minister stated, "You have suffered the politics of 'Vinaash' for 70 years but now I assure you that the country would witness the governance of 'Vikas'."
In next slide: Video of the PM's speech...
In slide ahead: What else did Modi say...
PM on Indus water treaty:
- For me, elections do not matter. I am more concerned about the welfare of the farmers.
- Government will do everything to give enough water to our farmers.
- I am doing everything possible to ensure the middle class is not exploited and the poor get their due.
- My farmers have the right over the water that flows through Indus, will strive to get that water back.
- I have created a task force to stop Indus river’s water to go to Pakistan and re route it to Punjab
- I encourage people to turn their mobiles into wallets and go towards cashless economy.
- I know what my farmers are capable of. Give my farmers water and they would grow gold in the fields.
PM on demonetisation:
- We took a key step to help the honest citizen of India defeat the menace of black money.
- The people have chosen a government and they expect so much from it. In 2014 so many people voted to free the nation from corruption.
- I just performed my duties but some people have their own measuring tapes and they judge every work of the government on their own terms.
- I have been doing agreements with other countries of the world so that we immediately get to know about overseas transfer of money from India.
- Black Money is an epidemic the country is suffering from since last 17 years and I have to root it out in 17 months.
- The special Investigation Teams have been working against the Black Money hoarders since last two years and have been submitting constant reports to the Supreme Court.
- I gave everyone the opportunity to declare their undisclosed income.
- I was not born to sit on a chair of high office. Whatever I had, my family, my home…I left it for the nation.
- I am not afraid of anyone.