SP, BSP and Cong are now irrelevant, give majority to BJP in UP: Modi
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday made a passionate appeal from the people of Uttar Pradesh to rise above the caste considerations when go to vote in the next assembly elections in the state.
Impinging on the undoings of main opposition parties in Uttar Pradesh during last two decades, he said that the state should get rid of Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party as the people here deserved a better deal even as these parties have been rendered 'irrelevant' in the current socio-political scenario of the country.
"How shameful it goes that the SP and BSP which are poles apart in ideology have united against BJP only because we launched a war against corruption and black money," he said while addressing a massive 'Parivartan Maharally' in the state capital adding ''the change is inevitable in the next assembly election and BJP stands responsibly to transform the state into an engine of growth and prosperity for the entire country.''
Exhorting the people of Uttar Pradesh to be part of this change in a wholesome manner, the PM appealed to the electorate of UP not to give fractured mandate instead install BJP government with full majority. He sought to remind his party cadre to take up coming assembly election as a 'responsibility' as the they have to cater to the progress, development and growth of the state like Uttar Pradesh which housed 21 crore people.
Contrary to popular expectations, Narendra Modi refrained from making new policy announcements or giving sops to UP, he limited his speech on the development of the state and his resolve to make India free from corruption and black money. Chiding his detractors, he said they had objections to what I announced for the lower middle class, farmers and small businessmen during his address to the nation on New Year eve.
Recalling Baba Sahab Bhim Rao Ambedkar as an economic visionary, he said it was he who had foreseen the role of cash economy as early as 80-years ago. " We dedicate the new payment App 'Bhim' to the great leader,'' he said.
Choosing the occasion to ridicule SP and BSP, though not taking names, he said while party was more concerned about managing its 'money' ,the other one was busy in saving its family. '' Here comes BJP which has only one concern and that is to save Uttar Pradesh which is marred by mis-governance over a long period of time,he claimed while making strong case of BJP in the coming assembly polls.
PM Modi, flanked by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and BJP national President Amit Shah, Union Ministers Kalraj Mishra and Uma Bharti , Modi began his address with the chant of "Bharat Mata Ki Jai". He greeted the other BJP leaders present on the dais and the people gathered at the rally venue before acknowledging that he had not addressed such a mammoth crowd in his entire political career.
What else PM Narendra Modi said?
- I feel obliged to get a chance of addressing such a huge crowd here.
- I never saw such huge gathering even during the Lok Sabha elections 2014 campaign.
- After seeing this gathering, I am sure BJP is going to win the upcoming Uttar Pradesh elections.
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee worked really hard for the welfare of Uttar Pradesh.
- Lucknow is the 'karambhoomi' of Atal ji.
- People of UP still admire the works done by former CM Kalyan Singh, Ram Prakash and Rajnath Singh.
- People say that BJP is set to end 14-year long exile in Uttar Pradesh this year.
- But in reality, development has been on exile in UP since 14 years.
- We want to eradicate poverty, illiteracy, diseases in India. For the same, we need to change the destiny of UP.
- We will have to change the destiny of UP to transform the destiny of India.
- Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh helped me form a majority government at the Centre.
- Now the time has come when UP will have to vote overlooking the cast and creed.
- We are mainly concerned for the people of India.
Attack on Samajwadi Party:
- Politics between two political parties is understandable but should not be practised upon the common people.
- Development is not the priority of Samajwadi Party government.
- The UP government is not ready to take any responsibility in fulfilling the demands of farmers.
- UP government was provided Rs 2.5 lakh crore in past two and a half years but the use of money is not seen.
- If the money was used properly, UP would have been a far developed state.
- The UP government is deliberately not utilising funds provided by the Centre for the farmers.
Amit Shah while addressing the rally requested the people to give a chance to the BJP to serve Uttar Pradesh by casting their vote for the party in the upcoming UP assembly polls.
What else Amit Shah said?
- Uncle, nephew, aunty cannot develop Uttar Pradesh.
- Narendra Modi Ji has become the Prime Minister with the blessings of the Uttar Pradesh people and he wants to develop the state.
- The state needs BJP for proper development.
- If you want 24-hour electricity in all villages of the state, then you must vote for BJP.
- Each and every developed city of the nation, whether it is Gurugram, New Delhi or Mumbai, has huge contribution of the youth of UP in its development.
- Women of the state are still not safe. Lands of farmers have been grabbed by the Samajwadi Party leaders.
- SP and BSP can never stop corruption in the state.