Mann Ki Baat: PM praises farmers for record production of food grains
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that the unprecedented efforts from farmers have resulted into a record production of more than 2700 lakh tonnes food grains.
Speaking at his Mann Ki Baat address on Sunday, PM Modi praised the farmers for this special service for the countrymen.
Efforts towards digital payments have turned into a movement:
- A lot of emphasis is being laid on Digi Dhan.
- People are moving towards digital currency. Digital transactions are rising.
- Younger generation has started using mobile phone as wallet. I consider this a good development.
- Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digidhan Vyapari Yojna have gained tremendous public support.
- Everyday 15000 people are getting cash reward of Rs 1000 each.
- Over 10 lakh people have received Digidhan Yojana Awards.
- Rewards more than 150 crores have been distributed.
- Over 4000 businessmen have got cash reward of Rs 50 thousand.
Teach at least 125 people, how to use BHIM App
- I urge the citizens of the country, especially youth to get associated with this movement and be its ambassadors.
- It has a major role in fight against corruption and black money.
- Those associated with it are soldiers of anti-corruption movement.
- Lucky Grahak Scheme will complete 100 days on April 14, the 125th birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar.
- Let us teach atleast 125 people, how to use BHIM App.
- Let us ensure that the BHIM App reaches 125 crore people till April 14th.
PM Modi on ISRO feat:
- People wanted me to speak about ISRO's launch of 104 satellites and also about the interceptor missile.
- Technology has made tremendous intervention in all fields of human activity.
- February 15th was a proud day for all Indians. Our scientists have made us proud with their achievement. They created a world record by launching 104 satellites in single flight.
- In recent years, ISRO has achieved unprecedented success by sending Mangalyan to Mars.
- ISRO's cost effective, efficient space programme has amazed the world.
- The historic mission was led by young scientists, especially women.
- This will help in urban development.
- It is especially helpful to farmers.
PM Modi on Defence Sector:
- India has achieved a major success in the field of defence also.
- We have successfully test fired Ballistic Interceptor Missile through interception technology.
- It can destroy an 'enemy' missile 100km above ground.
- Only 4 or 5 countries have this capability in the world.
Amid the model code of conduct in force due to the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and Manipur, the Centre had to seek permission from the election commission for broadcasting the 28th edition of Mann Ki Baat.
PM's Mann Ki Baat address reaches the remotest part of India through radio. Modi also seeks suggestions and comments after every episode of his programme.