PM Modi to make historic visit at Ramleela ground in Lucknow
Lucknow: In a departure from 70 years old tradition, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will become the first sitting PM ever to visit the Uttar Pradesh capital city to attend the Ramleela event on the concluding day on Tuesday.
It was earlier said that Modi will ignite Ravan at the Ramleela Ground at Aishbagh here but unfortunately, the effigy of Ravan will be set ablaze after PM leaves the venue.
What Lucknow Mayor and BJP national vice president Dinesh Sharma said?
- Home Minister and local MP Rajnath Singh reached Lucknow ahead of PM Modi's visit on Tuesday.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and Rajnath will share the stage with PM Modi at the event tomorrow.
- An invitation has been sent to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav but we have not received any confirmation about his presence.
- This is PM Modi's historic visit at the Ramleela ground as no other sitting PM in past 70 years have attended the pious event.
The theme of Ramleela this year is ‘atankvaad ka samool naash’ (eradication of terrorism from roots)
- President of Ramleela Samiti, Harishchandra Agarwal said that every year we give a social message through Ramleela.
- The theme of Ramleela this year is eradicating terrorism from its roots.
PM's programme for tomorrow:
- PM Modi is scheduled to arrive at the Ramleela ground at around 6.00 pm.
- He will give a 20-minute speech at the venue.
- Modi will see the final act of Ramleela, the killing of Ravan by Ram.
- He will leave before the Ravan effigy will be burnt.
- Nearly 30,000 people are expected to visit the venue on the day when PM will mark his presence.