PM Modi urges citizens to use Khadi in 'Mann Ki Baat'
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his radio talk show 'Mann ki Baat', urged the citizens of India to use Khadi by saying that one should have at least one pair of Khandi in his/her wardrobe.
"Mann Ki Baat has bound me with you so effectively that I feel the urge to discuss evey thought that crosses my mind", said Modi in his first Mann Ki Baat of 2016.
HIghlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Mann Ki Baat:
- Yesterday I went to Rajghat to pay homage to revered Bapu.
- We observed silence yesterday as a mark of respect towards our brave martyrs.
- Shouldn't it be our national responsibility to remember those who gave their lives for the nation? asks PM Modi
- 'Khadi' has the power to provide employment to crores of people.
- I was told to fulfill this demand of khadi from government departments.
- Additional jobs of 18 lakh man days will be generated.
- The experiment of associating spinning wheel with solar energy has been a success.
- On 30th Jan, martyrdom day of beloved Bapu, I once again appeal to you to have at least 1 pair of khadi in your wardrobe.
- In government schools in Gujarat and Haryana, they invited the most educated daughter of the village, for flag hoisting.
- Want to express my greetings to Haryana, as there has been a rapid increase in birth rate of girl child in the state.
- Haryana and Gujarat, by giving importance to daughters, gave excellent example of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.
- I can think of only one way of providing security to distressed farmers and that is Crop Insurance Scheme.
- Let us integrate as many farmers as possible with the crop insurance scheme, PM Modi appeals.
- Can we take a pledge that we bring at least 50% of farmers under Crop Insurance Scheme, in next 1 or 2 years, I need your help on this.
- Provision has been made for compensation even in the case of damage to crops within 15 days of harvest.
- A mobile phone number has been earmarked for Mann Ki Baat - it is 8190881908.
- I saw a new energy, new enthusiasm, new excitement among the youth of the country during Start Up India programme.
- Our Start Up India initiative dispelled notion that start ups are only about IT: PM Modi.
- I went to Sikkim a few days back. Sikkim has now become an organic state of India.