PM Modi launches 'Lucky Grahak' and 'DigiDhan' schemes of Centre
New Delhi: India is heading towards revolution in weeks time. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday stated that India would witness a revolution within two weeks. Modi said that the country in which every newspaper used to have the headline of how much money we lost in 2G and Coalgate scams, would soon talk about how much we earned. The PM who was in the Talkatora stadium of national capital inaugurated two initiatives of Government of India, namely, the Lucky Grahak Yojana and DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana.
The Prime Minister called both the initiatives as Christmas gift to the nation by the government.
Addressing the gathering at the Digi Dhan Mela, Modi stated that the Centre was planning to further increase digital connectivity that would do wonders for our nation.
PM Modi launched 'BHIM' app:
- The Prime Minister also launched an app called 'BHIM' under the DigiDhan Vyapar Yojna and dedicated it to Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
- He said that the application would help the small businessmen, farmers and traders in paying and receiving money digitally.
- BHIM would be the best new year gift by the Centre for the nation in year 2017, Modi stated.
- The PM said that the application would bring a revolution for the country which was once called as illiterate.
- There was a time when people using thumb were known as illiterate but now your thumb would facilitate you for your banking and other services.
- Stating that media had played an important role in generating the idea for this application, the PM said that, in last 50 days media while covering me, also questioned the Govt on how will the country become digital when poor don't have mobile.
- I am thankful to the media as this has helped Govt formulate schemes and take up initiatives to empower the poor, said the PM.
- Modi also said this app is not for big businessmen but for farmers and small traders.
- In 2 weeks will make one more accomplishment,it's security is being worked on and it will empower BHIM and through this you will only require your thumb to pay, the Prime Minister said.
In next slide: Read what PM Modi said about Lucky draw scheme regarding demonetisation...
Prime Minister on Lucky Draw scheme of the Centre, 'Lucky Grahak Yojna':
- The mega draw will take place on 14th April, the birth anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- Dr Ambedkar's thesis offers significant insights of various economic issues.
- The new year would bring smiles for all small vendors and businessmen.
- Those shopkeepers who are using debit or credit cards to receive payments will also receive rewards in thousands of rupees in the lucky draw scheme.
- The Prime Minister said that the scheme would only benefit those who would shop for the amount between Rs 50 and Rs 3,000 in a cashless manner.
In next slide: Read what else PM Modi said...
What else he said:
- The country stood united for the biggest revolution.
- There are some people who are pessimistic.
- Nothing can be done for those who are used to see the negative aspects of every initiative by the government.
- The money received by the banks would be used in development of the country.
- Each penny of the nation belongs to its poor people and they must have the first right on it.
In next slide: Watch full video of PM Modi's speech....