PM Modi lauds 'Jan Shakti' for placing India high on global stage
New Delhi: "India is changing, our standing at the global stage is rising and this is due to 'Jan Shakti'," Prime Minister Narendra Modi exhorted while addressing a gathering of students on the theme of ‘Young India, New India' on Monday.
The event was organised to mark the 125th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s famous Chicago address of 1893. The convention held today on September 11, the day Swami Vivekananda delivered his historic address.
Prime Minister's addressed at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on Monday was televised and shown in all major educational institutions. His about-an-hour speech was well received by the students and interspersed with the slogans of 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Vande Matram'.
The 9/11 importance:
Prime Minister Modi while speaking on the day the world was rocked by an attack on World Trade Centre in United States, reminded the students of another important event of the day but in the positive mould.
He urged the students to remember the positive accomplishments that have been done in across the globe on 9/11 in order to get motivated and create new opportunities for coming generation.
Here is what he stated:
- Today is 9/11...this day became widely spoken about after 2001 but there was another 9/11 of 1893 which we remember.
- Just with a few words, a youngster from India won over the world and showed the world the power of oneness.
- The 9/11 of 1893 was about love, harmony and brotherhood.
PM remembers Swami Vivekananda:
- Swami Vivekananda strongly believed in the power of Yuva Shakti. He saw a vital place for youngsters in the realm of nation building.
- Inspired by the ideals of Swami Vivekananda, we are working tirelessly towards realising the dreams and aspirations of our youth.
- This year, we are marking 125th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago address & Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya centenary celebrations.
- Swami Vivekananda raised his voice against the social evils that has creeped into our society.
- Swami Vivekananda did not believe in sermonising. His ideas and idealism paved way for an institutional framework via Ramakrishna Mission.
- The correspondence between Swami Vivekananda and Jamsetji Tata will show the concern Swami JI had towards India's self-reliance.
- Swami Vivekananda said that only rituals will not connect an individual to divinity...he said 'Jan Seva is Prabhu Seva'.
- More than being in search of a Guru, Swami Vivekananda was in search of the truth.
- Swami Vivekananda had given the concept of 'One Asia.' He said that the solutions to the world's problems will come from Asia.
You may also Read: Do not miss Modi, he is better placed now: says Shah in Gujarat
What else the Prime Minister said:
- I want to specially mention all those people who are working tirelessly to keep India clean.
- Both knowledge and skills are equally important.
- Student organisations, while campaigning for university elections should give more importance to cleanliness.
- There is no better place for creativity and innovation than university campuses.
- There is no life without creativity. Let our creativity also strengthen our nation and fulfil the aspirations of our people.