Mayawati, Kejriwal demand Bharat Ratna for Kanshiram
New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayaywati on the occasion of Kanshiram’s 82nd birth anniversary raised the demand to confer him with the highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna.
Mayawati was speaking at the Rajya Sabha.
What she said?
- Kanshiram contributed for the uplift of poor and backwards.
- His contribution for the society should always be remembered.
- Targeted other political parties by saying that they use his name for vote bank.
Kejriwal too raised the demand:
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal raised the same demand.
- Paid glowing tributes on his statue.