Something went wrong from our side, admits Manohar Parrikar
New Delhi: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said that somewhere and somehow India went wrong owing to which Uri terror attack took place. He refused to divulge further citing the sensitivity of the matter..
Parrikar assured that government is very serious regarding the attack and will take proper action very soon.
Addressing a gathering in an event Parrikar said:
- Something must have been wrong.
- Though I will not go into details of it because it is a very sensitive matter.
- When something goes wrong while you try to correct it you should also ensure that it does not happen again.
- I will not go into the details of what we are going to do.
- But if required I can have a knee-jerk reaction also. Sometimes a knee-jerk reaction is also required.
What else Parrikar said:
- India is a very responsible power that does not mean I will sleep over this kind of terrorism that is being pushed across the border.
- How I do it, is entirely for the government and Prime Minister to decide.
- We will take a proper reading of everything.
- PM Modi’s government will look into how to punish. We are quite serious about it.
Earlier, in a befitting reply, Indian Army on Tuesday gunned down 10 terrorists at Lachipura in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
On early Sunday morning, 17 soldiers were martyred while four terrorist were gunned down when some terrorists, believed to be ‘fidayeen’, attacked Army’s 12th brigade headquarters in Uri sector.