Make in India effect: We have become 6th largest manufacturing country, says Modi
Gandhinagar: Applauding the success of Make in India campaign, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that India has become sixth largest manufacturing country in the world. He said manufacturing sector has grown 9 per cent in 2015-16.
“We are rationalising our policies and procedures on a daily note to make it simple for businesses to establish and grow. Presently, India is today among the most open economies,” said PM Modi while addressing a gathering here at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2017.
Several Nobel Prize winners, globe leaders and top industrialists of India and from other countries marked their presence at the summit.
Terming democracy as India’s top strength, PM Modi said there are several who believe that democracy cannot deliver effectively but everyone has seen in the last two and a half years how things changed aptly.
It may be mentioned that PM Modi had launched the summit in 2003 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat, and it is held once in every two years.
What else PM Modi said?
- Gujarat, which is a land of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel, is also the land of business.
- Gujarat represents the region that sends the largest number people to various corners of the globe and they are all very successful.
- The state provides highly educated, dedicated and talented workforce.
- Our institutions and scholars are recognized all over the world.
- India is also the hub of Research & Development. We are the second largest pool of scientists and engineers.
- E-governance is easy governance. It helps in ease of communication and resolving problems.
- I am proud to say that the digitising of India's economy is happening before you.
- We have worked hard to ensure India is one of the most digitised economies in the world.
- In 2014-15, India contributed 12.4 per cent of the global economic growth.
- We have worked to put in place many reforms - be it GST, IPR, Bankruptcy law and much more.
- India is becoming an easier place to do business with each passing month.
- One of the biggest strengths of India is its youth.
- India is also among the top 10 countries in terms of FDI inflows.
- In terms of Return on Investment (ROI), India has been the top-most country.