PM Modi launches housing schemes for poor, middle class people
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched various schemes under the PM Awas Yojna to enable poor and middle class people to purchase houses.
PM said, "Home loans for poor and middle class people up to Rs 9 lakh will get 4 per cent exemption on interest and up to Rs 12 lakh will get 3 per cent exemption."
PM Modi, during his address to the nation on the New Year's eve, said that our country took an important decision to curb black money which will have long term benefits.
See Modi's Major Announcements in next slide:
- Government to bear 60 days' interest on farm loans taken from District Cooperative Central Bank & primary society.
- 3 crore Kisan credit cards to be converted to RuPay cards in next 3 months to enable direct buying and selling.
- Credit guarantee for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has been increased from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
- Banks have been asked to raise cash credit limit to small businesses from 20% to 25%
- Pregnant women will get Rs 6000 assistance for their delivery, vaccination, nutritious meals.
- Money will be transferred directly to their accounts.
- Senior citizens to get an assured interest of 8 per cent for 10 years on deposits up to Rs 7.5 lakh.
- NABARD created a fund of Rs 21000 crore last month, now government is adding Rs 20,000 crore more.
See what else PM Modi said in the next slide:
- People have faced problems for betterment of nation.
- Government will try to normalise the situation in banks in New Year.
- The problems which the people have faced for the betterment of the country is an example in itself.
- It is shocking for all of us that only 24 lakh people have accepted that they earn over 10 lakhs per annum.
- It is known world wide that Naxalism, terrorism, counterfeit note businesses get help from black money. It has been hit seriously post demonetisation.
- Bank employees and authorities along with people have done exemplary work after the scrapping of high denomination old currency notes.
- There have been reports of a few officials indulging in corruption.
- These people won't be spared.
- I appeal to youth, traders, farmers to use BHIM as much as possible.
- Our fight against corruption and black money won't go in vain.