Jet Airways plane skids off runway,airline issues helpline contact
Panaji: A Jet Airways 9W 2374 aircraft from Goa to Mumbai with 154 passengers and seven crew members on board skidded off the runway while aligning to takeoff from Dabolim Airport on Tuesday morning.
According to the sources 15 people suffered minor injuries and fractures.
"The flight Goa-Mumbai 9W 2374 skidded off the runway at Dabolim airport this morning due to a technical glitch while aligning for takeoff," Jet Airways said in a statement.
- The incident took place at around 0445 hours.
- The airport has been closed for all flight operations till 1230 hours.
- The Jet airways accident investigation is being processed by Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB).
- Injured passengers have been rushed to Chicalim cottage hospital in Vasco.
- The passengers and crew members have deplaned safely.
Jet Airways said to Newstrack.com that the airlines would deploy another plane with the capacity t0 seat 46 guests, to facilitate their travel between Mumbai and Goa. The airlines have also requested all the passengers to visit their official website www.jetairways.com for updated status on flights to/from Goa.
Here is the screenshot of the official tweet: