Temple in Ujjain bans entry of girls wearing jeans and skirts
Bhopal: A Jain Temple at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday, has issued a diktat, disallowing the girls to enter the temple in jeans or skirts.
Temple authorities of Shree Rishabhdev Chhagniram Pedhi in Ujjain have placed a notice board at the entry point of the temple which read, "Girls over eight years of age must enter the temple with covered head and should wear only Indian attire."
What the Trust President said?
- Trust President Mahendra Siroliya and Secretary Jayanthilal Jain said that girls enter the temple in western outfits inlcuding jeans, skirts and pants which disturb the religious sentiments.
- Sadhu committee pointed its concern over the issue.
- It is now decided that girls can now offer prayers in the temple only if they come in Indian attire.
Dress code for girls in other Jain temples in Rajasthan:
- Temple authorities said that this isn't the only Jain temple to set dress code for girls.
- Few Jain Temples in Rajasthan are following the rule.
- Authorities, however, said that there are no provisions for penalties on violation of the rule.
- Girls, if found wearing the western dress, will be requested to sport Indian dress while coming to the temple.