International Yoga Day 2021: Check out best Quotes, Wishes, asanas to celebrate 'Yog Divas'
International Yoga Day 2021 Theme: This year, the theme for the event is 'Yoga for well-being', i.e. how the practice of Yoga can promote the holistic health of every individual.
International Yoga Day is an annual event that has its roots in an Indian context, but is commemorated every year on 21 June 2021. The idea of International Yoga Day was conceived by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who proposed the concept on September 27, 2014, during his speech at the UN General Assembly. The resolution to adopt June 21 as the International Yoga Day was introduced by India's Ambassador, Ashoke Kumar Mukerji.
International Yoga Day 2021:
This resolution can be viewed as a triumphant moment for Indian soft power as it received support from 177 nations, the highest number of co-sponsors for any UN Resolution. Currently, countries ranging from Canada to the USA participate in this event.
At one level, International Yoga Day is about integrating body, mind and soul, as yoga is an ancient Indian tradition combining bodily agility with mental relaxation techniques. Broadly, the significance of Yoga Day can be seen in the light of spreading awareness and taking tangible steps, on an issue of well-being, which is the need of the hour.
According to the UN website, the theme for International Yoga Day 2021 is 'Yoga for well-being', i.e. how the practice of Yoga can promote the holistic health of every individual. With the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbating psychological suffering and mental health problems, many people have been embracing Yoga to stay healthy and to fight isolation and depression.
Yoga plays an important role in the psycho-social care and rehabilitation of COVID-19 patients in quarantine and isolation. As per the website, the message of Yoga in promoting both the physical and mental well-being of humanity has never been more relevant. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has also asked its member states to practice Yoga and has included it in its Global Action Plan for physical activity 2018-30.
Here are some messages and WhatsApp statuses that you can share with your loved ones on the occasion of Yoga Day.
Have a look!
- Yoga takes you into the present moment. The only place where life exists.
- The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most.
- Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.
- Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony.
- Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.
- The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.
- Yoga means addition. Addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul.
- Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within.
Wishing you a happy International Yoga Day.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.