Indian Army kills many terrorists in surgical strikes: Ranbir Singh
New Delhi: Indian Army, in the early hours of Thursday, conducts surgical strikes along LoC killing several terrorists, said Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt. General Ranbir Singh.
Entering two kilometres inside PoK, Army attacked five terrorist camps, said officials.
The DGMO said that surgical strikes were conducted on those terrorist groups which were set to infiltrate across LoC as per the inputs of Indian intelligence.
DGMO Lt General Ranbir Singh said:
- Indian Army conducted such strikes to safeguard our nation.
- Significant casualties have been caused to the militants in these strikes.
- The strikes targeted the terrorists and those backing them.
- Despite our persistent appeals to Pakistan to not allow territory under its control to be used for terrorist activities, nothing was done.
- There were launch pads at the LoC where terrorists were present waiting to infiltrate the attack and areas in Kashmir and metros across the country.
- We have recovered items including GPS which have Pakistani markings. Captured terrorists hailing from PoK or Pakistan have confessed to their training in Pakistan.
- I spoke to the Pakistan DGMO, shared our concerns and told him that we conducted surgical strikes last night.
PM Modi had also chaired a meeting of the Cabinet Committee regarding the discussions on ceasefire violations.