Indian Army soldiers land up at Ramdev's Ashram to learn Yoga
Dehradun: In a first-of-its-kind exercise, 250 soldiers of the Western Command of the Army have been sent for a two-week Yoga Teacher's Training Course being organised by Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar.
“Soldiers were given a comprehensive knowledge of meditation and yoga by specialists of Patanjali Yogapeeta under Ramdev’s guidance”, said an official here.
- Yoga training started on January 10 and concluded on January 26.
- A total of 1000 soldiers are to undergo this Yoga Teacher's training.
- Soldiers are divided into 4 batches and each batch consists of 250 soldiers.
- The first batch has completed its training on Tuesday.
- Training of three batches is underway.
- A deadline of 6 months has been set to train all these batches.
- Yoga has been introduced in army to overcome stress and lifestyle related diseases.
- The aim is to train 1,000 army personnel as Yoga instructors.