India will become economic superpower in 15-20 years: Rajnath
Lucknow: Calling demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes as a well-thought-out move, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said India will emerge as economic super power in 15 to 20 years if steps initiated by Centre were followed.
“The move will end corruption,” said Rajnath at the 69th annual meeting of Indian Commerce Association in Lucknow University.
Addressing a gathering, Rajnath Singh said:
- The decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes surprised people all over the world.
- The economists, globally, have welcomed the move.
- India will become super power in 15-20 years.
- India's economy is progressing fast in the world and its GDP growth rate has reached 7.9 percent.
- India has also become one of the favourites as investment destination.
- The step will go a long way in checking corruption not only in politics but also in government and administration.
- Bharatiya Janata Party had begun fighting against corruption since it came to power.
- The government’s stern move will leave Black Money holders bankrupt.
- The move was in the national interest.
- This will help end inconsistency in income and economy
- Money is being misused during elections for getting votes.
Rajnath, however, had not spoken anything on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s letter to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to extend the facility to pay hospital bills through old high denomination currency notes.
VIDEO: Demonetisation would not affect common people, says Shah