Increase Gap between two doses of Covishield to 6-8 weeks: Centre to States
The decision has been taken following the advice of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization and the National Expert Group on the vaccine.
New Delhi: With the increasing outbreak of Corona virus epidemic in India, the vaccination campaign is also going on very fast. So far, more than 4.5 crore corona vaccine doses have been given in the country. Meanwhile, on Monday, an important instruction has been given by the central government to all the states and union territories regarding covishield.
Corona Vaccination in India:
The government says that now the gap between the first and second dose of covishield has been increased. This difference has now been reduced to 6 to 8 weeks. Earlier, the second dose of covishield was given in 4 to 6 weeks.
The decision has been taken following the advice of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization and the National Expert Group on the vaccine. The government says that this decision has been taken only for covishield. This will not apply to covaxin.
Let us know that on Monday, it was said by the Union Health Ministry that cases of Covid-19 are increasing in Maharashtra, Punjab, Karnataka, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh and the participation of these states in new cases of infection is 80.5 percent.
In India, 46,951 new cases of corona virus infection were reported, which is the highest number of days in a year this year. The ministry said that there were 30,535 new cases in Maharashtra, which is the highest number of cases reported in a day.
The cases of deaths due to the spread of corona infection have also seen a steady increase. For the first time since January 13, the death toll from Corona has crossed 200. On Sunday, 213 people died due to corona in the country. For the first time in 72 days, Corona has witnessed so many deaths. Maharashtra has recorded the highest number of 99 deaths in the last 24 hours. 44 deaths in Punjab. There were 13 deaths in Kerala, 10 in Chhattisgarh and 9 in Tamil Nadu.
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update
- Gold price today, July 2: Gold rates go up by Rs 930, Check gold rate in your city
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity