Income Tax raid at offices of Janar'dhan' Reddy
Bengaluru: Officials of the Income Tax department on Monday raided the offices of mining baron and former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy, who showed off his clout during the lavish wedding of his daughter.
Sources from the Income Tax department said that important documents have been seized during the raids.
Who is Janardhan Reddy?
- Reddy is a former BJP lawmaker.
- He has spent 40 months in jail for his alleged involvement in the multi-crore mining scam.
- He is currently out on bail.
- Reddy had spent several crores in his daughters marriage.
- He faced flak from all corners as India was standing in queues after the demonetisation step when Reddy was spending crores on his daughter's marriage.
- Reddy, however, said that he will given an account of expenditure to the Income Tax Department within a month.