Hardoi youth jailed in Saudi Arabia,appeals to PM for release
Hardoi: Liyakat Ali, a resident of Nanakganj in Hardoi district of Uttar Pradesh, has sought help from Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to get him free from jail of Saudi Arabia and return to India.
Liyakat has been in jail since three months in the Saudi Arabia for passport and visa issue. He has sent a video through whatsapp requesting PM to intervene.
- Ali had gone to Saudi Arabia for Umrah (pilgrimage).
- He has been jailed since three months.
- He works as a railway gangman in Nanakgaj.
- Was arrested on January 17from Jeddah.
Embassy can help in his release:
- The Saudi government has slapped him with a fine.
- His passport and visa were returned but they did not return his ticket.
- Ali’s family has released the video and appealed the government for his release.